Create Trust Like A Farmer Creates A Harvest
- Trust affects the speed of business.
- You can create an environment of trust.
- When trust is high, you get projects done with less drama.
- Every farmer is convinced in sowing and reaping.
- They believe the harvest is hidden in the seed..\
- Trust is just like seed.
1. A farmer prepares the ground
- You have to prepare the ground of your team by talking about trust.
- Your words create expectancy.
- Show them what a high-trust high performance team can look like.
- Close the gap between expectations and reality.
- The bigger that gap between expectations and reality, the larger the drama.
2. A farmer sows the seed
- You have to sow the seed of trust first.
- As a leader you go first. You give trust first.
- You will never have the things you want in your organization unless you give them first.
- Earn your team’s heart by first giving yours.
- The greater the risk, the greater the reward.
- You trust your people first.
- The more transparent you are, the easier it is to see your heart.
- People connect with your why, before they connect with your how.
- Don’t be self-oriented, but become other oriented.
3. A farmer waters that ground
- Trust does not occur in one event.
- Change transpires in a process, not a one-time event.
- Don’t give up and revert to the carrot and stick approach of management.
- Changing culture takes a process.
- Values and beliefs take time to change.
- When you have trust, people motivate themselves.
- When you create a high-trust, high-performance culture, that culture will give you want you want.
Who can you give trust to?
Podcast: Play in new window